- By Pierre-Alexandre
May 22nd, 2019
EOS is currently one of the largest crypto assets platform to build and deploy decentralized application (DApps). Over the last few years, EOS has gained massive popularity in the blockchain and crypto space as it promises to offer better scalability and performance over its rival network Ethereum.
- EOS Current Trend
- Top Recent News
- EOS Market Analysis using Omenics’ Sentscore
1. EOS Current Trend
In 2019 itself, EOS price has surged by nearly 150% over the period of the last five months. Making massive inroads, EOS is currently the fifth most-valued cryptocurrency in the market. At press time, EOS is trading at $6.01 with a market cap of $5.484 billion.
Looking to its last week performance between May 14-21, EOS price movement remains range bound between $5.90-$6.30.
The early gains in the week were quickly wiped out during the crypto market correction last Friday on May 17. However, after finding a bottom at $5.87, EOS has made some recovery again trading around $6.30.
2. Top Recent News
- On Tuesday, May 21, cryptocurrency platform Crypto.com announced the listing of EOS token to its Wallet and Card App. Users on Crypto.com can now purchase EOS token at absolute no-cost fees either through bank transfer or credit cards. Besides, the platform is also looking to add EOS to its Earn and Credit products “in the near future”.
- The EOS.IO blockchain network that processes massive transactions every second is set to get more secure and a private transactional environment. A privacy-focused Dapp named pEOS has introduced a smart contract to implement “Bitcoin Type” UTXO. Besides providing privacy to transactions, UTXO brings additional new features to the EOS Network.
- On Tuesday, May 21, popular EOS.IO explorer Block.one has released a new user-friendly graphical user-interface to “improve the developer experience”. With the newly developed Explorer, developers of the EOS software can easily “interact and monitor” DApps. Besides, the EOSIO Explorer will also allow developers to easily create and manage their development accounts and keys. It can also quickly generate new transactions or resend the transactions sent earlier.
- However, in a sharp attack on EOS, Weixing Chen, the founder and CEO of Chinese company Kuaidi Dache, called the EOS network a fraud for its “propaganda” on Million TPS” and ‘Next Generation Operating System’.
- Mike Novogratz’s crypto investor Galaxy Digital has recently pulled out its entire stake in EOS maker Block.one. This decision could significantly impact the funding of startups who are developing new applications on the EOS blockchain network.
3. EOS Market Analysis using Omenics’ Sentscore
Register (Free) or Sign In to read the second half of this article.