- By Pierre-Alexandre
October 27th, 2018
Our mission is to help cryptocurrency traders and investors make better decisions.
After investing in the cryptocurrency space ourselves, we quickly identified the friction that goes along with due diligence of digital coins and tokens. So, we built Omenics, a cryptocurrency-specific data analytics platform that saves us time and turns the market noise into reliable insights.
Omenics platform combines a comprehensive hub of crypto data with curated content and sentiment indicators to help with trading decisions.
*Omenics was previously known as Predicoin
Our platform highlights the most important cryptocurrency content to understand and track market trends, and offers multiple cryptocurrency indicators to quickly access important information.
We are working hard to enable our users to quickly access high-impact news and social media content while comparing the sentiment across their favorite coins and tokens.
Sentscore: our proprietary cryptomarket sentiment indicator
The algorithms powering the Sentscore first calculate, then integrate sentiment from 5 distinct outlets: news, social media, technical analysis, viral trends, and coin fundamentals.
Since each of these 5 data sources has its own sentiment score, you can display individual components by hovering over each corner of the Sentscore pentagon.
Our Sentscore allows users to easily assess cryptocurrency performance across multiple vectors, making it a powerful research tool and setting a new standard for sentiment-based indicators in crypto asset due diligence.
Omenics makes researching cryptocurrencies more efficient by collecting data and deriving 5 sentiment indicators (or verticals), that make up the Sentscore, which reports the general outlook of a coin.
Explore individual verticals to find more detailed information on what’s contributing to the Sentscore:
- News: Sentiment from textual analysis of articles from more than 100 crypto news sites
- Social media: Sentiment from textual analysis of posts and comments from crypto influencers on Twitter and Reddit
- Buzz: A compound metric gauging trends from social media volume, search engine statistics, and website rankings
- Technical analysis: A combination of traditional technical indicators on coin’s price (moving averages, RSI, oscillators etc.)
- Fundamentals: Analysis of micro- and macroeconomic factors of a coin (market cap, team, developer activity etc.)
How to interpret the Sentscore?
Interpreting the Sentscore’s scale:
- 0 to 2.5: very negative
- 2.5 to 4.0: somewhat negative zone
- 4.0 to 6.0: neutral zone
- 6.0 to 7.5: somewhat positive zone
- 7.5 to 10: very positive
Please note this is not a strict scale but a gradient across 5 main score ranges:
Please note! The Buzz indicator shows the intensity of social interest for a crypto.
A large Buzz score means lots of positive or negative interest in a coin. We like to use the Buzz score to discover which coins have something interesting happening (i.e an unusual crowd interest), and then we look into the coin further using the other Sentscore verticals.